WEDDING CEREMONY UPDATE 15.8.20
From the 15 August, receptions and other celebrations for weddings and civil partnerships can take place in COVID-19 Secure environments.
Capacity at a wedding or civil partnership reception or celebration (including the couple, guests, and third-party suppliers, but not venue staff or third-party catering staff) should be limited to no more than 30 where this can be safely accommodated with social distancing in a COVID-19 venue.
For a detailed update on Government Guidance for small marriages and civil partnerships please Government Guidelines
Find out more about planning your celebration here
SPA UPDATE 15.8.20
Following the change in Government Guidelines, we are opening up our full range of spa treatments.
We ask that all guests and visitors to the Spa observe and respect our strict COVID-19 advice and guidelines prior to and during treatments to protect yourself and our team.
Please be aware that the outdoor spa facilities including the swimming pool will remain closed due to refurbishment until November 2020.
Changes to all normal operational procedures will include:
- strict measures to separate clients from each other, and to separate practitioners from mixing with clients
- operating an appointment-only booking system to minimise the number of people on the premises at any one time
- keeping the activity time involved to a minimum
- increasing the frequency of handwashing and surface cleaning, as well as regularly cleaning equipment or using disposable equipment where possible
- avoiding skin to skin contact and wearing gloves where it is not crucial to the service
- maintaining sufficient spacing between customers
- not allowing food or drink, other than water, to be consumed in the salon by customers
- making sure a limited and fixed number of workers work together if they have to be in close proximity to do their jobs
These restrictions will limit the number of treatment rooms available at any one time and demand for appointment times will be increased.
To view our list of treatments please visit Spa Treatments
Due to the latest Government Guidelines as of 8 August 2020 we require all guests to wear a face mask covering in public areas within the Hotel, and all external accommodation with shared public areas.
SPA NEWS UPDATE 10.7.20
Following the Government announcement on 9 July 2020, we will be introducing a limited number of spa massage treatments for guests of the Carbis Bay Estate.
These will be provided in our airy Beach Retreat over the sands, where guests can enjoy panoramic views across the bay in the seclusion of their own treatment room.
We will continue to review our treatments and the opening of our main spa in accordance with Government Guidelines and would like to thank all our guests for their patience during this time.
Our outdoor swimming pool and outdoor spa facilities are currently closed for an exciting new swimming pool installation due for completion in late summer. The enlarged pool and improved facilities will provide guests with year-round swimming amongst one of the finest spa gardens and vistas in Cornwall.
For more information on treatments please call our Spa Team on 01736 795311 or visit our website at www.carbisbayhotel.co.uk/spa
UPDATE 6.6.20 - OUR PLANNED RESPONSIBLE RE-OPENING
We are doing everything to make your stay relaxing, enjoyable and most of all safe for all the family.
PRIOR TO AND ON YOUR ARRIVAL
Check-in will be different and you will experience a change to our normal procedure, but the same family-friendly greeting and smiling faces will be here to welcome you.
• We will be contacting you prior to your planned arrival date to ascertain an estimated time of arrival to ensure a swift check-in with minimal contact.
• Check-in will be available through our brand new hotel app that will be available soon to ensure minimal contact at all times.
• Staff and guests arriving at Reception will be protected by screens allowing you the same friendly welcome faces and smiles.
• Whilst we will be unable to take you to your room at this time or conduct our usual arrival show-around, an Estate map and hotel plan will be available as a download link in your emailed booking confirmation or printed on arrival on re-cycled paper to allow you to explore the Estate and find your room without issue.
• Additional signage will be erected to help guide you safely through the hotel to your room.
• An essential porterage service will be available. If this service is required, please let us know prior to your arrival if possible so that suitable arrangements can be made with minimal contact and full sanitisation measures in place.
• At no time during your stay will a member of staff be in the guest room at the same time as the guest (unless in the case of emergency). Strict guidelines will be followed should an emergency situation require our attention.
• If, due to Government restrictions, we cannot open on the date planned we will contact you to re-arrange the date or refund your booking subject to our Terms and Conditions.
• Our standards of cleanliness and hygiene are exemplary but, during this period they will be taken to another level!
• Housekeeping staff will conduct a new twenty point programme of rigorous deep cleaning in all rooms following guest check-out, paying particular attention to all touch points within the room.
• All non-essential items such as magazines have been removed from your room to reduce risk.
• We will endeavour to allow a minimum of 24 hours between room changeover.
• Housekeeping staff will be wearing appropriate PPE provided in line with Government advice to enable them to safely carry out their daily duties. Behind the mask is the same happy, helpful smile!
• No staff will enter your room while it is occupied unless in an emergency. Replenishment of towels, linen of any other items will be available on request.
• All our rooms contain a guest tablet packed with all hotel information, room service menus and ordering service.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
• We have introduced new in-room dining experiences available throughout the day so that you can order at a time to suit you.
• Our restaurant areas will be airy with spacious table layouts. Single use menus printed on re-cycled paper along with blackboards detailing the day’s delicious offering will be in use.
• Breakfast buffet will be replaced with a Continental breakfast offer available to enjoy in your room or alternatively full English breakfast will be served in our restaurant areas.
• Takeaway and dine-in services will be available for all our Coastal Properties offering breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Al fresco dining spaces on the Conservatory decking - where creams teas and all-day dining and snacks will be served - and, the Beach Club decking for lunch, afternoon tapas, an early cocktail or dinner can be enjoyed overlooking the beach.
• Cloudy Bay picnic hampers and blankets will be available to find your own secluded spot on the 25-acre beautiful beach.
DURING YOUR STAY
• Whilst we will be conducting a phased re-opening of our facilities, we do not expect the C Bay Spa to be available during our initial opening period. We are hopeful that individual treatments may commence al fresco in our secluded Beach Retreat with private hot tub. This will be subject to Government Restrictions being lifted and we will update this on a regular basis.
• We will still have a range of facilities to enjoy which our stunning, secluded location allows us to provide. Yoga classes will be available to guests on a one-to-one basis or safe groups sessions (conducted al fresco if weather permits!) or within one of our spacious function rooms. It’s all about the great outdoors! Blue Flag Beach, fresh air and coastal walks with St Ives to explore just around the corner.
• During your stay with us, signage will be visible across the Estate to aid guests to keep a social distance at all times. Please help us and follow Government guidelines in adhering to these restrictions keeping yourself and fellow guests and staff stay safe.
• Numerous hand sanitising stations will be positioned throughout the hotel and grounds. We ask that you utilise these regularly to help you and us to keep everyone safe.
• We are undertaking the “AA Sign of Confidence” accreditation to provide an extra level of assurance so that we are scrutinsed by independent bodies to ensure we open in the safest possible fashion. Our spa therapists are undertaking Barbicide COVID-19 training to ensure they are fully equipped to create a safe spa environment.
• Our hotel app will provide a non-contact method to view your bill and settle your room, checking out without the need to visit Reception.
• If preferred, you can visit Reception but upon your arrival, we will ask you for an estimated time for departure so that this can be arranged in a safe manner.
All our procedures and planning is reviewed daily and subject to change following Government Guidelines.
We, like you, want your experience with us to be magical and memorable for all the right reasons and our whole team is dedicated to making your stay safe and enjoyable – after all you deserve it!
For further information, please contact our Reservations Team on 01736 795311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org